Infrastructure & Real Estate development
East Coast Container Depot Ltd
Our Depot is a one-stop container depot that serves Tanzania’s burgeoning and increasingly diversified economy. Strategically located close to Dar es Salaam’s port, the Depot has a railway siding facility that eases the diversion of heavy container traffic from the road to rail thereby minimizing road damage caused by heavy trucking and providing safety and security to the transit cargo.
The Depot offers services:
- to clear and handle imports and exports containers with customs and other agencies.
- for the storage of imports and exports laden.
- to handle empty containers under customs control.
- to process and handle goods for re-export, onward transit, outright export and transshipment of cargo.
- to stuff, strip and lift containers with state-of-the-art technology
- to rework, maintain and repair containers.
Our Depot has been dedicated to improving service delivery through superior customer service and fostering strong working relations with our partners. We received an award for Outstanding Performance in Clearing Containers from the Tanzania International Container Terminal Services (TICTS) in 2009.
We cleared containers with an average dwell time of six days per container from the port without any penalty or storage charges.
East Coast Liquid Storage Ltd
East Coast Liquid Storage features:
- A total storage capacity of 27,500 MT of vegetable oil.
- Harbor-to-plant pipelines (four) ensuring receipt of imported materials most economically.
- A dedicated storage tank for liquid caustic (capacity of 3,500 MT).
- Storage of crude palm oil and refined oilein in transit.
- Storage of in-house requirements as well as competitors’ products.
Real Estate Development
As Tanzania’s economy strengthens, the demand for supportive infrastructure has grown. The MeTL Group has diversified into real estate and infrastructure development by acquiring properties at carefully selected locations in Dar es Salaam and its surrounds, with a strong focus on areas where town planning and urban development initiatives are being concentrated. The MeTL Group has a number of dynamic and exciting new projects, which either are in the final stages of development, or concluded. Some of our real estate projects include:
- Khaki Complex Ltd is a 250 unit high-end residential complex situated in the Upanga area of Dar es Salaam.
- The JV Complex is currently in the planning stage and will aim to provide warehousing facilities on 15 acres of prime land.
- The MeTL Kigamboni Complex project aims at developing two different plots of land in Kigamboni, south of Dar es Salaam. The 30-acre property is to boast a five-star hotel and water sport facility whilst cottages will be put up on the other 20-acre plot nearby.
- The construction of residential and commercial complexes is underway on various properties in the Mbezi and Kitunda Industrial Areas of Dar es Salaam.
In infrastructure development, MeTL Group has formed strategic alliances with renowned technology-specific companies to carry out their projects, one of the most exciting being developing the current ferry project, which aims to increase signicant business opportunities south of the city centre in the near future.